On Wed, 15 Dec 2021, Virgil Arrington Jr. via lyx-users wrote:

I do the same, but I think that Rich makes a valid point about using the keyboard vs. the mouse.

Virgil,

I don't know about others, but I'm a touch-typist (thanks to the Army
decades ago) and I use a laptop-size keyboard with my desktops. That's one
reason I prefer to type. And, while many moons ago I objected to the devs
that I found nothing evil in typing LaTeX code in the document body so
perhaps some other name than Evil Red Text would be appropriate, I learned
to just ignore what ERT abbreiated and use it for my convenience.

And, yes, back in the 1980's I, too, used DOS and WordPerfect regularly.

Regards,

Rich