On 1/5/22 8:29 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann via lyx-users wrote:
Can I delete the lyx_tmpdirs in the root /tmp?
I have the impression, that a rerun of lyx uses it, which I do not want.
I use Lyx Version 2.4.0dev (not released yet)
Built from git commit hash 53ed3dc0
Qt Version (run-time): 5.15.2 on platform xcb
Qt Version (compile-time): 5.15.2
Python detected: python3 -tt

Wolfgang
Once you have closed LyX, there should be no problem with deleting those directories. LyX will create new ones the next time you open it. Depending on your operating system, they are probably also removed automatically at certain intervals. On Ubuntu and Linux Mint, I believe the default behavior is to clear out /tmp on shutdown or once per day if the system is left running for an extended time.

Paul