On 1/7/22 6:53 PM, Anthony Macks wrote:

On Sat, 8 Jan 2022 at 10:25, Paul A. Rubin via lyx-users <
lyx-users@lists.lyx.org> wrote:

> On 1/7/22 5:09 PM, Anthony Macks via lyx-users wrote:
>
> Dear LyX users,
>
> I am nesting description lists and want to justify the text within the
> nested list.
>
> I have attached my MWE, output and a copy of what I want the output to
> look like.
>
> I am using the module "Customisable Lists (enumitem)." with the article
> class. When I right click on the description label, an options box is
> produced. However, the options to go in the box (I get the options from the
> enumitem package) are not producing the desired effect.
>
> Warm Regards,
> Anthony
>
> The attached solution is horribly hack-ish, but I think does what you
> want. You need to use the "style=multiline" option and juggle the left
> margin settings a bit. Also, LaTeX wants to align the indented description
> term with the start of the definition of an unindented term, so I had to
> put some custom line spacing in to drag the indented items back to where
> you want them. There's probably a more elegant solution to be found
> somewhere.
>
> Paul

Thanks Paul.

Ideally, it would be nice if the labelwidth could be determined based upon
the width of the longest label. But my skills are not yet up to that.

I have a solution below that is workable.

However, I have done a little more exploring with the description options
(right-clicking or Alt A 1). Not all of them seem to work as they should.
In particular, the options which require a \command don't seem to work. Am
I missing something?

Anthony

Can you post an MWE of a command that you don't think is working as
expected?

Paul

Hi Paul,

I have attached an MWE and its output.
I think that I do not have a full grasp of the options and their correct
use.
To use a \command inside description, do I need to use it only in \setlist
in my Preamble.

Anthony