On 1/16/22 3:05 PM, tush via lyx-users wrote:
I want to insert the following styled text to my document:

{\large{\textsl{Some text goes here}}

This is what a a LaTeX user would have inserted into his .tex file.

If I select my text in LyX and right click it and choose Text Style -> Customized...

I can apply the aforementioned features, i.e. slanted shape and large size, but the command LyX inserts is not the one above, but rather

\textsl{\large{}Some text goes here}{\large\par}

Is it possible to achieve what I first wrote, rather than inserting ERT commands?

That last {\large\par} may have something to do with how you selected the text before applying the style change. In a test document, I did not encounter that. Comparing your ERT version with the customized style version, I can confirm the difference in the LaTeX commands but see no difference in the output. Is there a reason why you are unhappy with what LyX enters?

Paul