On 6/03/2022 11:19 pm, Bernt Lie via lyx-users wrote:

         1. If I change Instant preview to Off, this is what I see:

        Is this problem due to my old version of LyX? Will it work
        better in a newer version of LyX 2.3.5.x?

Hi Berndt,

Is the \diff command in your example from the diffcoeff package? If it is then it requires *two* LaTeX arguments (differentiand, differentiation variable). The absence of a second argument for each \diff command in your example would prevent the preview displaying.

Andrew