On 3/15/22 10:03, Neal Becker via lyx-users wrote:
I'm trying to get used to the lyx way to insert beamer frames.  Compared to the inset method I've been using I find it a bit inefficient, but maybe I need to learn some keyboard shortcuts to help with that.

One thing I'm having trouble with is inserting a beamer frame into a sequence of existing frames.  I have frame 1, a frame separator, and then frame 2.  If I try to put the cursor at the end of the separator, and then switch to "frame" from pulldown, this will not insert a frame, but seems to modify frame 2 (the cursor is placed in the title of frame 2).

The only way I could get a frame inserted is to first in "standard" mode type some random characters, and then I could switch to "frame" to get a new frame inserted.  What am I missing?

Thanks,
Neal

There are multiple ways to insert a frame. One is to put the cursor at the end of the contents of frame 1 (/not/ the separator line) and click Insert > Separated Frame Below. With my setup, the keyboard shortcut is Alt+P Return, but your mileage may vary. You can also start from frame 2 and use Insert > Separated Frame Above.

A while back, I added a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Alt+Return) mapped to the command "call newframe". That also works like a charm.

Paul