On Wed, Mar 30, 2022 at 03:27:22PM +0200, Saša Janiška via lyx-users wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to check my documents with the LanguageTool. There is support for it
> for different editors and LaTeX via LTeX Language Server
> (https://github.com/valentjn/ltex-ls), but wonder if there is something to add
> support for LyX?
>
> In the Wiki there is info https://wiki.lyx.org/Tools/LyX-GrammarChecker wich
> is
> probably obsolete?
>
> In the past I was using Antidote, but after upgrading they removed Linux
> support from the desktop version, so I'd prefere to support LanugeTool...

Hi Gour,

I've used the grammar checker in the past and found it useful, but
indeed I remember it required some setting up. I haven't used it in a
while so I wouldn't be surprised if the Wiki page is outdated.

I don't think there's any other option for LyX that fits in seamlessly,
unfortunately. I wish LyX had native grammar checking just like it has
spell checking, but currently no one is working on it.

Scott