Am Mittwoch, dem 06.04.2022 um 13:33 +0000 schrieb tush via lyx-users:
> 1. The geometry package is not listed in Appendix A of the
> customization manual, and I tried passing it to Requires but lyx
> doesn't add \usepackage{geometry} to the preamble. It does so when I
> specify a package that is indeed listed in the appendix.

Yes, geometry is a special case. It is only auto-loaded if "default
margins" in Document>Settings is unchecked.

> 2. I didn't understand. When using the additional argument inside the
> [] in the module specification, should LyX add the \uspackage{} line
> to the preamble or not?

No. It just checks on Tools > Reconfigure whether this package is
installed. If not, you will be informed about that if you want to use
the module.
I think on Win it used to also automatically install the package if
missing.

Jürgen