Create an MWE, please, ie a minimal working example, by reducing
everything but what triggers the issue, and paste this here, including
the BIB file which should contain a single reference.

Often that will lead you to the solution and if not we can have a look
at it :-)-O

el

On 2022-04-18 10:39 , Trevor Jenkins wrote:
When I View my document ⌘-R pdflatex shouts that there are no
citations!  I have added the relevant BibTeX file using Insert >
List/TOC > Bib(la)Tex Bibliography picking a local .bib file and then
added a citation using Insert > Citation followed by Adding a specific
citation.  (It appears in a sidenote entry as I have tuftepaper as my
document class.)

Pdflatex’s error message is

BibTeX error: I found no \citation commands---while reading file Statins.aux

It makes no difference what Citation Style I select when adding the
citation.  I have had this working before (on a now dead machine) but
cannot for the life me work out what I am doing wrong.

Operating System: macOS 12.3.1 (Monterey)
Processor: M1
LyX version: 2.3.6.2
Python: 3.10.4 (freshly (re)installed)
Document class: tuftepaper
      with custom options:
      justified,a4paper,sidenote=raggedright,marginnote=raggedright,nobib
      that latter because I want to suppress the final bibliography
      listing and was fine in my previous not that it suppressed the
      bibliography

Regards, Trevor.

<>< Re: deemed!