Hi,

I am writing a book with lyx and want a bibliography and the ability to cite items in the text.

My references.bib file is correct.  In my master document it appears at the end as "Biblatex Generated Bibliography" and in the pdf of the book the bibliography appears the way I want, as numbered items, e.g., [5] and sorted by author.

I want the citation to look something like "Smith [5]" where the author's name appears in the citation.  I don't have a citation style available  (Insert->Citation) that allows this, the best I can do is just "[5]".  How can I get "Smith [5]"?

My latex preamble has \usepackage{biblatex}.  In "Document->Settings->Bibliography" I have Style = Biblatex and Variant = Author-number.  When I choose [#id] from the 3 citation styles available I get an error when trying to produce a pdf.  The error message is "Latex Error: Option clash for package biblatex".

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you for reading this.

Joe