STOP. USING. ERT! :-)-O

In Settings -> Document -> Listings you can set things into the window
which wind up in the generated tex file as \lstset{}

greetings, el

On 2022-05-27 23:20 , Rich Shepard wrote:
On Fri, 27 May 2022, Rich Shepard wrote:

Thanks for the pointer.

Paul,

Since all the code in the document is the same language I searched the
web for setting defaults.  Found a list archive thread from 10 years
ago and your response was to add the language and other attributes to
the preamble; here
I entered
\lset{language=Python, Tabulator size=4}

This makes no difference.  I closed and re-opened lyx; this had no
effect.

Each block of program code still defaults to Language=None and
Tabulator size=8.

Has anything changed in the past decade?

Regards,

Rich