On 10/4/22 21:03, ahostmadsen--- via lyx-users wrote:
I have a problem with LyX on one of my Macs (OS 12.5.1).

 1. Equations are not typeset inside lyx (compiling the document works
    fine).
 2. When I try to open older files I get: “…. is from an older version
    of LyX and the lyx2lyx script failed to convert it.” This is true
    for many files I tried.

I had an older version (2.3.2) and just now upgraded to 2.3.6.2, but nothing changed.

I have another almost identical Mac (kind of a mirror image), and don’t have these problems on that Mac. The older files open fine, so it’s not corruption of the files.

I did see something on the mailboard about Python not being installed. However, I do have Python installed, directly from Apple (Apple’s Python 3.9). When I write python in terminal, I get "Python 3.9.10 | packaged by conda-forge” My other computer has the same Python installation.

Thanks,
Anders Host-Madsen.

Regarding the equations, in Tools > Preferences... > Look & Feel > Display do you have "Instant preview" set to "On"?

Paul