testfile.lyx

directly (ie without the python call) as well.

What do

        head -1 /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/lyx2lyx/lyx2lyx

and

        which python

show?

greetings, el

On 2022-10-20 21:10 , Paul A. Rubin wrote:
On 10/20/22 14:44, ahostmadsen--- via lyx-users wrote:
And to add.  When I run the following command, which I think emulates
the converter as run from LyX:

python -tt /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/lyx2lyx/lyx2lyx
-o abc.lyx testfile.lyx

the conversion works perfectly.  Yet, from inside lyx it doesn’t
work.

Meanwhile, trying to edit converters, my LyX installation got further
damaged.  Now the font used inside LyX is screwed up (only
sans-serif), although I didn’t change anything about fonts.  I feel
my LyX installation is damaged.  How can I uninstall completely, and
then install from scratch?

Regarding screen fonts, if you go to Tools > Preferences...  > Look &
Feel > Screen Fonts, you should see which fonts are being used in the
LyX UI (including sample text for each).  Do they indicate that any
fonts with serifs are selected?  If not, are any fonts you would like
listed among the options in the select boxes?

Paul