I'm taking the unusual step of top-posting because my comments pertain
to the entirety of Rich's post...

Rich, this was not a quality MWE. The map's PDF had a hard-coded path
that needed to be erased. Your bibliographies failed because you didn't
include ../jabrefdb.bib, or at least it didn't exist on my computer.
Given that your complaints didn't seem to involve your bibliography, it
would have made our lives easier if you'd removed your bibliography
reference, and also if your MWE operated from files in one directory,
and you tested to make sure only the asked-about problems were in the
MWE.

After taking the time to remove hard coded paths, get rid of your
bibliography entry (because no ../jabrefdb.bib), and set your
bibliography back to Bibtex(Basic), it compiled on my LyX Version
2.3.6.1, and by clicking your map image and checking the "scale
graphics" box and putting a number in the field to its right, I was
able to scale the map, on the resulting compiled PDF, to any size I
wanted to, including 75%, which didn't page feed.

If your LyX version is later than 2.3.6.1 then maybe the version change
accounts for your image scaling trouble. Otherwise, go back and make
your MWE a real MWE and keep narrowing it down until you find the root
cause.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Summer 2022 featured book: Thriving in Tough Times

Rich Shepard said on Fri, 28 Oct 2022 10:32:18 -0700 (PDT)