Thanks, el!  For the record, I used LyX 2.3.6.2 both prior and after my Ventura
adventure.  After I downgraded to the previous OS-version (12.6.1. Monterey)
and re-installed python I did not have any trouble, even though I only seem to
have python3 (and python3.11) in my path.  But if I run in problems again, your
symlink will be the first thing I try. And should I upgrade the OS again, I
will know to look for python before starting LyX.

Regards, Marcus