> On 17 Nov 2022, at 8:29 pm, Stephan Witt <st.w...@gmx.net> wrote:

>> Thanks, Stephan,
>> 1. I search for my file BTR19.lyx. 2. I find it. 3. I double-click. 4. Error
>> message:
>>

>> <Image 17-11-2022 at 6.01 pm.jpg><Image 17-11-2022 at 6.01 pm.jpg>
>
> Hi Gordon,
>
> I tried what you described: open a LyX 2.2 file in Finder with double click.
> Here it works.
>
> To get more diagnostic information please do the following:
> 1. Open the message pane (View -> Messages Pane) and enable the output of
> files and latex.
> 2. Repeat the double click file open operation
> 3. Copy the contents of the message pane and send it to me
>
> BR,
> Stephan

I enabled the output of files and latex BUT am wondering if this enabling was
recognised and held.

Here’s the content:

20:43:30.843: (buffer-new: ⌘N)
20:44:30.809: Opening document ~/Desktop/LyX files/BTR19.lyx...Error:
Conversion script failed
/Users/gordonwatson/Desktop/LyX files/BTR19.lyx is from an older version of LyX
and the lyx2lyx script failed to convert it.
20:44:49.218: Document not loaded.
20:44:49.218: Could not open document ~/Desktop/LyX files/BTR19.lyx