Le 04/12/2022 à 12:43, oliver.b...@maths.ox.ac.uk a écrit :
Hello,

Does LyX have an option to copy and paste a piece of LaTeX code in raw format, i.e. removing any trace of macros that were used to generate the code?

Hello,

This functionality does not exist yet, but indeed it would be doable (either pasting, or transforming an expression in place).

I would like to be able to use a command to copy and paste the LaTeX code for the equation /as it is formatted/, so that any traces of the macros in the source code are removed in doing so.  I use LyX all the time for my mathematical typesetting work and I have found macros to be extremely useful, but the downside of this is that the equations cannot be pasted into other software without some way of defining the macros or creating preambles in those packages. The other software packages I have in mind are ones that have a plugin to support LaTeX but aren’t designed with it in mind (e.g. GeoGebra, Blender, InkScape etc.).

Are there any plans to implement such a feature (and how much would it cost to implement such a feature if not)?

There are no current plans for that, that I know of. Indeed, paying someone to do it may help to materialize it sooner. I suggest that you create a ticket on www.lyx.org/trac. I will forward it to the developers list to try to find someone willing to implement it.

JMarc