On Thu, 23 Feb 2023 16:28:46 +0100
"Jürgen Spitzmüller" <jspi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've good experience with the pdfpc presenting software in combination
> with the pdfpc-movie latex package:

Wow! You're my saviour!!

> https://pdfpc.github.io/
>
> https://www.ctan.org/pkg/pdfpc-movie

It really does work. :-)

> All my other (humble) attempts to include movies in presentations on
> Linux failed.

It's strange indeed, but I'm happy there are still nice apps like LyX, pdfpc
available .

Sincerely,
Saša

p.s. TLDR; I did two books more than 20 years ago using LyX. In the meantime I
tried few
times with ConTeXt, but never had enought time to overcome lack of good docs.
:-)

Now, when I'm more in study-mode and have to prepare /both for my & my wife)
some presentations, I, naturally, returned back to LyX, but had some problems
due to my ignorance of LyX-Beamer combo. Now, I believe that all the obstacles
are behind us, and I am thrilled that good-old LyX did the job without resort
to HTML/JS (reveal) technology.

Actually, I'm looking forward to embrace LyX as my main writing tool instead of
fiddling with different editors (Vim, Emacs etc.) and then simply deal with
export/import when there is is need to put some content online.

--
Never was there a time when I did not exist,
nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future