Steve Litt schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> You probably know this already, but in January 2023 Adobe software
> stopped supporting Type1 fonts. This means that any documents
> containing Type1 fonts cannot be accurately depicted on the latest Adobe
> software. This pretty much means Type1 fonts shouldn't be used.
>
> Now I'll need to audit all my books, some of which were written in the
> 20th century, to make sure they don't use Type1 fonts, and if they do,
> change to the closest possible Opentype or Truetype fonts.

Adobe applications will not recognize the presence of Type 1 fonts, even
if you have Type 1 fonts installed in your desktop operating system:

1. Type 1 fonts will not appear in the Fonts menu.

2. There would be no way to use previously installed Type 1 fonts.

3. Existing Type 1 fonts will appear as “Missing fonts” in the document.

If you are writing documents with LaTeX  and using Type1 fonts then there
will be no change!!

Herbert