On 15/03/2023 15:54, Udicoudco wrote:

On Wed, Mar 15, 2023 at 10:57 AM Daniel <xraco...@gmx.de <mailto:xraco...@gmx.de>> wrote:

    Hi!

    I somehow managed to break one of my documents and cannot see where the
    problem is. I have attached a minimal example that I produced after a
    longer error hunt (because LyX did not give me helpful error
    feedback on
    this).

    Does someone have an idea how the error occurred or how I might be able
    to fix it?

    The LaTeX error message does not tell me much and LyX did not even
    point
    me to the position in the document where the error occurred.

    --- LaTeX Error ---

          lsttxt    = \RSlsttxt}

    I've run across a `}' that doesn't seem to match anything.
    For example, `\def\a#1{...}' and `\a}' would produce
    this error. If you simply proceed now, the `\par' that
    I've just inserted will cause me to report a runaway
    argument that might be the root of the problem. But if
    your `}' was spurious, just type `2' and it will go away.

You get the error because you load amsmath (it is loaded via newtxmath) before refstyle. See the attached .tex file which produces the same error.  If you will load newtxmath via Document->Settings->Latex Preamble and set the Math Font in Document->Settings->Fonts->Math to automatic, there will be no error (see the attached LyX file)

Regards,
Udi

Thanks, awesome!

Maybe a solution would be if LyX loads fonts later in general? Or would that lead to other problems?

Daniel