ok, than we'll move to the deep stuff :-)-O

I don't have Debian, but on my Mac there is a ~/.lyx directory where
there is a file called lyxrc which has, in my case,

        \screen_font_roman "Noto Serif"
        \screen_font_sans "Noto Sans"
        \screen_font_typewriter "Noto Sans Mono"

so you want end LyX, then locate the file and change that to read
something like

        \screen_font_roman "DejaVu Serif"
        \screen_font_sans "DejaVu Sans"
        \screen_font_typewriter "Hack"

and then start LyX again and see what that does.

el