On 4/21/23 19:06, Hongyi Zhao wrote:

On Saturday, April 22, 2023, Richard Kimberly Heck <rikih...@gmail.com> wrote:

    On 4/20/23 20:54, Hongyi Zhao wrote:
    On Friday, April 21, 2023, Richard Kimberly Heck
    <rikih...@gmail.com> wrote:

        On 4/20/23 01:03, Hongyi Zhao wrote:

            2. How can I enable the normal text completion, say, when
            I type
            `coun`, then all the possible words with such prefix
            should be
            triggered to display in a popup window.

        The possible completions are taken from the documents you
        have open. You activate it under Tools> Preferences> Editing>
        Input Completion. There are options there to control how long
        it takes until the popup appears, etc. If you set the inline
        completion delay to, say, 1 sec, then hitting Tab will show
        the popup.

        This is all in the User Guide, section 2.7.

     But I want to do the completion from a dictionary file on the
    disk without opening it, is this possible?

    No. You can file an enhancement request if you wish.

Where should I file an issue? Also on this list?

Bug tracker: https://www.lyx.org/trac/newticket

You'll need to register first.

Riki