2.4.0 Beta 5 was recently released (available here:
http://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/devel/lyx-2.4/).

Have any Windows users tested it yet? If so, has it gone smoothly?

Also, can you remind me: the beta 5 installs in parallel to your 2.3.x
release right? So you can still use 2.3.x after installing it? Which one
is default? For example, if you double-click to open a .lyx file, does
it open with 2.3.x or with the newly installed Beta 5?

I'm going to meet with a friend who I might be able to convince to test
Beta 5, but I wanted to be able to let him know of any known issues, or
anything to look out for.

Thanks,
Scott