Am Freitag, dem 15.09.2023 um 20:15 +0200 schrieb Herbert Voss:

> Am 15.09.23 um 20:02 schrieb Rich Shepard:
> >

> > Signature:
> >
> > Printed Name:

> > Date Submitted:
>
> Rich,
> insert a box (minipage) of a width like 50% of the textwidth, which
> can
> be set
> in the box menue. And then use \hrulefill
>
> Herbert

\hrulefill (and \dotfill and others) are available in LyX via Insert ->
Formatting -> Horizontal Space -> Choose "Variable horizontal space"
and a fill and place this into a minipage. The visual feedback in LyX -
two vertical blue thin lines - does not really mirror the result in the
compiled document.

If you need this function oftentimes, like I do for exam papers or
feedback forms at school, you can define key combinations in LyX:

Tools -> Settings -> Edit -> Key combinations -> New

Copy the following into "Function" and assign a key combination:

inset-insert space \hrulefill{}

Tobias