On 1/15/24 02:56, Hongyi Zhao wrote:
On Mon, Jan 15, 2024 at 3:05 PM Richard Kimberly Heck
<rikih...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 1/14/24 19:20, Hongyi Zhao wrote:
On Mon, Jan 15, 2024 at 1:29 AM Richard Kimberly Heck
<rikih...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 1/13/24 20:06, Hongyi Zhao wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to clone the git repo of lyx, but always fail, as shown below:

werner@X10DAi:~$ git clone g...@git.lyx.org:lyx
Cloning into 'lyx'...
kex_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
Connection closed by 127.0.0.1 port 18888

and the repository exists.
werner@X10DAi:~$ git clone git://git.lyx.org/lyx
Cloning into 'lyx'...
and the repository exists.
It should work now.
Yes. It works now. as shown below, what's wrong with it before?
There was some kind of problem on the server.

I'm afraid I do not know why the script does not work.
What's the script mentioned by you above?

You had earlier mentioned a script. But I had in mind the use of the proxy.

For me now, I can clone via

  > git clone git://git.lyx.org/lyx.git

anonymously. Does that work for you from the command line?
It also works for me, but the speed is very unstable, as shown in the
attached screenshot.

The cloning operation takes quite a while. The entire repo is nearly a gigabyte, and the compression operation on the server is slow. We are hoping to migrate to new servers before too long, so this may improve.

Riki