On 1/18/24 18:57, Rich Shepard wrote:
I'm recreating, under a different name, the doc that crashed LyX when I
tried to compile it. Using the KOMA-Script report class (scrreport.)

Because the only options for section numering that work are none or all I've
chosen to us all.

Chapter 1 has 3 figures; chapter 2 has 3 figures. In the prior version (and
all other report docs) the figures are numbered continously. Now, the new
doc re-numbers the chapter 2 figures 1--3 rather than 4--6.

Where is this controlled? I don't see any place in Document -> Settings.

I believe this is standard behavior for reports. There's no LyX option that controls it, so far as I know. Using LaTeX, of course, you can do anything you want.

Riki