Hello,

I’m just reaching out because I’m having trouble using the bibunits
package in Lyx, and I’m not sure what the issue is. I’m using Windows and
Lyx Version 2.3.7.

I followed this step-by-step guide that I found on Lyx’s wiki:

1.      Add the following to Document→Settings..→Preamble:
\usepackage{bibunits}
\renewcommand{\@bibunitname}{\jobname.\the\@bibunitauxcnt}
2.      Wrap the respective units (chapters, sections etc.) into
\begin{bibunit}[<bibstyle>] ... \end{bibunit} in TeX mode, where <bibstyle>
is your bibliography style without *.bst extension.
3.      At the place where the bibliography should occur, enter
\putbib[<bibfile>] in TeX mode, where <bibfile> is your bibliography
database without *.bib extension.
4.      In order to access the citations from the citation dialog, put a
BibTeX inset in a note inset.

I was only unable to include the \renewcommand because it would throw these
errors if I did:

\@

writefile{brf}{\backcite{citation}{{2}{1}{section.1}}}

Sorry, but I'm not programmed to handle this case;

I'll just pretend that you didn't ask for it.

If you're in the wrong mode, you might be able to

return to the right one by typing `I}' or `I$' or `I\par'.

I structured my Lyx document in the following way:

*       BibTex Generated Bibliography inside of a Lyx note
*       \begin{bibunit}[style]
*       Introduction with some citations
*       \putbib[bibfile]
*       \end{bibunit}
*       \begin{bibunit}[style]
*       Appendix with some citations
*       \putbib[bibfile]
*       \end{bibunit}

I would like to have two reference lists, one after the introduction and one
after the appendix. (This is a simplified version of a longer paper). The
citations look fine inside of the Lyx document, but when I compile the Lyx,
it just shows question marks in place of where the citations should be and
no reference lists. The bibfile and bibstyle files are located in the same
folder as the Lyx document.

Please let me know if you can help determine what my issue is or if you need
further information. I really appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Eva