* Robin Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010523 17:37]:
> On Wednesday 23 May 2001 15:28, Baruch Even wrote:
> > * Niklas Werner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010523 15:25]:
> > >
> > > this would allow for importing database-records as well, since dumping
> > > them cvs-split is fairly easy.
> > > I'd like to add that to the 2.0-wishlist!
> >
> > For integrating external input sources we have the "External Inset",
> > this beast can (with the proper configuration) insert everything into
> > your page, all you'll need is a support program and the correct latex
> > code to insert it.
>
> How exactly do you configure it?  In the menu I see how to change the
> converters LyX uses for various formats, but nothing to add a format - I
> could really do with .cvs there.

Check out the file $prefix/share/lyx/external_templates
Where $prefix is /usr or /usr/local depending on your installation.

This file defines the various external formats that are accepted for
inclusion and how to insert them into the output format
(latex/docbook/linuxdoc).

It is a bit cryptic, but you can probably figure it out from the
examples that are already in it.

And as Juergen already said, it is possible to paste a Tab seperated
table into the tabular.

The external inset is useful if the table might change from time to
time, and will be very useful if it changes often.

Obviously, if you create such a template for the external inset, we will
be happy to get it for a possible inclusion in the LyX distribution.

--
Baruch Even
http://baruch.ev-en.org/