> > I´m using LyX 1.1.6fix1 on a Mandrake 8.0-System.
> > Everything works really fine with LyX, but the Index doesn´t appear in
> > PDF-Files (either using the Way with ps2pdf nor pdftex)
> > Is there anybody out there, who has an idea or solution ?
>
> does it appears in dvi- or ps-view?
>
> Herbert

This seems to be the same problem as with MikTeX 2.01 on Win32! I already
have posted log-files to
JMarc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> from different TeX
distributions because makeindex works with fpTeX 0.4 (the teTeX distribution
for Win32) and with the old MikTeX 1.2 release!

JMarc expects different log-files to be the reason for that misbehaviour.
The log-file will be parsed inside Lyx to create the depency file and (you
can check this) there is in some cases no entry for the idx file present!

Maybe that can be fixed soon!

Claus