Greetings all:

Many thanks to those who have been so gracious and
prompt in their replies to my queries on Lyx.  My
transition to Linux has been painful and slow at
times, but my migration to Lyx has been enhanced by
the wonderful people on this list who have been so
generous with their knowledge.

We may yet get the rest of the people in the office to
switch, especially with such great support from the
Lyx open source community.

I did the texhash and things are smoother now.  I am
trying to use different styles in BibTeX, mla and
chicago bst in particular, but they keep crashing.
Lyx reports that says:

Undefined COntrol Sequence
et~al.

and then it gives the citation code that is barfing
up.

Again, many thanks to you all.

Michelle
LyxChix on Linux