Tomoharu> I finally managed to get xfree86 and Lyx compiled and
Tomoharu> running rootless in MacOSX/Darwin. And Lyx runs, but I have
Tomoharu> run into one major problem -- lyx cannot seem to locate the
Tomoharu> latex/pdflatex that is installed. I have a standard teTeX
Tomoharu> distribution installed, and other TeX programs (e.g.
Tomoharu> TeXShop) seem to see it fine. However, in the preferences
Tomoharu> panel in Lyx under Converters, there is no command specified
Tomoharu> for Lyx->DVI or Lyx->PDF.

Tomoharu> Running reconfigure from the edit menu results in:

Tomoharu> checking for a LaTeX2e program... (latex latex2e) +checking
Tomoharu> for "latex"... not useable +checking for "latex2e"... not
Tomoharu> useable checking for the pdflatex program... (pdflatex)
Tomoharu> +checking for "pdflatex"... not useable checking for a LaTeX
Tomoharu> -> LyX converter... (reLyX) +checking for "reLyX"... yes

I think that lib/configure sees latex and friends, but decides that
they do not work. A reason for this may be that latex does not work as
root. Did you try to run Edit>Reconfigure as a normal user?

JMarc