On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 10:35:39AM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> montyline> I'm inserting text files with insert->insert_file->ascii
> montyline> like lines. And i apply lyx-code enviroment to it, there
> montyline> are blank spaces and protected blank spaces.
>
> montyline> Well, when i generate the ps the font is not singled space
> montyline> (like courier) that's what i want. I don't get it until I
> montyline> close the file and reopen it. A little bizarre, isn't it?
> montyline> Using 1.1.6fix2 on linux.
>
> I'm not sure I understand you... Could you give us a step-by-step
> example of what you do?

If I understand correctly, when inserting an ASCII file, the spaces before
the first non-space are translated into protected blanks.
However, in a lyx-code paragraph, the roles of normal space and
protected space are exchanged, namely the latex output of normal spaces is
'~', while the latex output of a protected space is ' '.
Therefore, the code will not be indented in the DVI output.
When the file is reopened, the protected spaces in lyx-code are converted
into normal spaces, so the problem is fixed.

So I guess that the output of protected space in lyx-code is should be '~'
and not ' '. This is easy to fix (InsetSpecialChar::Latex).