On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 05:39:06PM +0200, Beyer, Marcus wrote:
> I am not quite sure if I understand you.
> Certainly there are many bugs fixed from fix1 to fix2.
> And that is very nice. (thank you!)
>
> But this bug is a new one (since fix2), and it is annoying.
>
> So I wouldn't have installed fix2 on my Windows system,
> which always costs me serveral hours.
> And oscillating between different versions is not so
> easy as with unix/linux, because the installation
> procedure changed a lot during the last versions.

> Are you sure that you didn't have this problem with fix1 ?
> I don't see how can this happen.

> Maybe you updated latex and this caused the problem ?

I don't think it's an update problem, because the problem
exists on my system, too.

I searched the archive about this problem:

Is it possible that it's caused by some optimizing compiling
options of gcc as mentioned earlier?

If it's so, how can the source made robust to be protected
about this "optimizations"?

Steffen