Hi Herbert,

I couldn't execute ./configure under ~/.lyx however opened lyx and went to
Edit -> Reconfigure menu. Then I watched the stream running up on the
xterm from where I forked lyx. It says:

+checking for document class IEEEtran [IEEEtran]... no

So it means that it couldn't find the class. Do you have an idea? What am
I gonna do? Thanks for help.

On Sat, 30 Jun 2001, Herbert Voss wrote:

> "A. Gunes Koru" wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > On this list, I heard that IEEE format is available in Lyx as a template.
> > I tried to open it. However it gave me a message called "Textclass error -
> > The document uses an unknown texclass "IEEEtran" Lyx will not be able to
> > produce output correctly - And a dismiss button" Then i push the Dismiss
> > button.. it shows me a template page when I go to "View -> DVI" menu it
> > opened a window "Can not convert file - Error while executing db2dvi
> > 'newfile1.sgml' - Dismiss button
> >
> > I have a IEEEtran.cls file that I've been using in Latex for a while. It
> > works fine. Do I need to incorporate it into Lyx? I am a Ph.D. student, so
> > this format could help me in writing to
>
> go into the ~/.lyx dir and run ./configure and look for a line like
>
> +checking for document class IEEEtran [IEEEtran]... yes
>
> than lyx had found your class file.
>
> Herbert

A. Gunes Koru

Research Assistant, Ph.D. Student

Southern Methodist University
Computer Science and Engineering Department
Science and Information Building Room 317
Dallas, TX 75205

Home: 214 691 5633
Work: 214 768 2005
Cell: 214 893 7311