Hi

Further to my problem with the newlfm package and layout and temnplate
files, I think I've traced the problem, but I'm not sure how to
resolve it !

I loaded the template up in lyx 1.1.5 and 1.1.6 and exported both as
latex files. A diff between them showed that 1.1.6 is adding some
babel stuff:

diff newfile-old.tex  newfile1.tex
3c3
< \documentclass[a4paper,stdletter]{newlfm}
---
> \documentclass[a4paper,english,stdletter]{newlfm}
5a6
> \usepackage{babel}

Removing the english option and commenting out the \usepackage{babel}
allowed me to process the file.  So, 2 questions:

1 - why is the babel stuff interfering with the latex processing ? Is
    there anything I can do about it ?

2 - If there is a fundamental incompatibility with the babel package,
    what can I do to stop lyx using the babel functionality ?

Pete