Ronald Florence wrote:

  Kostas Oikonomou writes:

    I find the Emacs-like search with C-s, C-r that takes place entirely in the
    minibuffer much more convenient than the [LyX]popup, which requires
    you to do a lot of clicking.

  Yes!  The LyX search popup is so inconvenient that I dread using it.
  Xemacs searching with the feature that allows you to search on a few
  characters and add more as needed to come up with an appropriate
  expression or regex, along with the convenient, quick, and intuitive
  use of the minibuffer, would be a terrific model for LyX.

Absolutely, I agree!  But when I suggested this on the devel list, I didn't hear
much enthusiasm.  You all might want to pop over there and put your two cents
in...

Scott