First, if you'll go to http://packages.debian.org you can see at the
bottom a form to search for file names in packages, specifically for
a4.sty you can find that tetex-extra includes a4.sty, just
apt-get install tetex-extra
and you'll be fine.

.dtx and .ins are the latex "package", you need to run it through latex
and they will produce the .sty file and anything else necessary.

* Alexis Wiasmitinow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010911 10:14]:

--
Baruch Even
http://baruch.ev-en.org/