On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 01:35:09PM +0200, Dekel Tsur wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 12:20:24AM -0400, Paul Tremblay wrote:
> > I notice that lyx automatically justifies pages. I don't like my
> > text justified.  It is harder to read. Also, it is really a big pain
> > to edit. When I put my cursor in the middle of a paragraph and begin
> > to type, the text jerks across the page because it is trying to
> > itself.
> >
> > How can I get the text to align left? (I need to do this not just
> > for a final document, but when I am editing files.)
>
> It is really ugly to have ragged right output.

Well, studies show that it *is* easier to read ragged right.
I know I prefer ragged right, but I couldn't be bothered trying to
figure out how to change it, since there were so many *other* things I
was trying to change at the time...

> But if you want it, copy article.layout (or the layout you use) to
> your ~/.lyx/layouts/ and then add to it
>
> Style Standard
>   Align Left
> End
>
> Preamble
> \raggedright
> EndPreamble

Thanks for your ever-helpful info!

--
 _--_|\     | Kathryn Andersen          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
/      \    |   <http://www.katspace.com>