Thanks. That takes care of some of my problems, except that \hyphenation
does not do anything with my BibTeX entries. For example, in Jones et al.,
"al.," extends past the right margin instead of moving "al.," to the next
line. Also, it doesn't pay attention if I tell it how to hyphenate a last
name. Does this has to do with BibTeX?

Thanks again,
Enrique