Thanks Nick,

but it doesn't seem to work. Here is an example file attached... I used
display formula before, I wonder if this is a bug or I am doing something
wrong.

Thanks

Remzi

On Wednesday 07 November 2001 18:55, Nick Burgan wrote:
> Remzi,
>
> You can toggle between the superscript/sunscript way and the directly
> above/below way when in display math mode, by typing
>
> Alt-m-l
> (the cursors position must be before or behind the symbol)
>
> Hope thats of some help
> Nick
>
> On Thu,  8 Nov 2001  3:14:am, you wrote:
> > Lyx 1.1.6fix3 It seems to be a problem with the display formula. When I
> > try to put the upper and lower limits of a sum, it does it like the
> > inline formula does. Not exactly above the sum....
> > Any idea?
> >
> > Remzi
#LyX 1.1 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/
\lyxformat 218
\textclass article
\language english
\inputencoding auto
\fontscheme default
\graphics default
\paperfontsize default
\spacing single
\papersize Default
\paperpackage a4
\use_geometry 0
\use_amsmath 0
\paperorientation portrait
\secnumdepth 3
\tocdepth 3
\paragraph_separation indent
\defskip medskip
\quotes_language english
\quotes_times 2
\papercolumns 1
\papersides 1
\paperpagestyle default

\layout Standard

The following equation is in display formula mode:
\begin_inset Formula \[
\Sigma ^{10}_{l=5}l^{2}\]

\end_inset

\the_end