Le Dimanche 14 Octobre 2001 14:30, vous avez écrit :
> Dear LyX users:
>
> Two questions:
> Can I turn off the date that is printed on the first
> page of the book layout?

Yes, just put an empty date, select the date style and put in just an
unbreakable space, so there will be a date, but wich contain nothing.

> Is there a way to select which page the page-numbering
> will start on? (ie I would like it to skip a few pages
> before it starts with page 1.)

On the page you want to start the numbering put this LaTeX code
\setcounter{page}{1}
If you don't want the previous pages to show the page number you can try
\thispagestyle{empty}
but you must put that command on each page that need it. This can be done
better but with more LaTeX coding.

--
La guerre justifie l'existence des militaires en les supprimant
Henri Jeanson

Renaud MICHEL