On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 10:25:31AM -0000, Michael Koundouros wrote:
> Hi lyxites,
>
> I am using lyx 1.1.6fix3 with miktex on win98. in my ps output my footnote
> gets printed on the next page rather than on same page. Usually when I have
> used the footnote feature it works fine. Anyone know how to correct this
> problem?

Does the footnote split between the current and the next page, or does it
appear entirely on the next page ?

For the former case, put the following lines in the preamble:
  \interfootnotelinepenalty=10000
  \raggedbottom

For the latter, put the following lines in the preamble
  \raggedbottom
  \setlength{\topskip}{1\topskip plus 1\baselineskip}