On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 11:42:52AM -0600, Kent Kostuk wrote:
> Just for completeness, Kayvan's suggestion was bang on.
>
> I have found that using a Windows based X-server and running LyX
> remotely works better from a performance perspective but VNC is a
> cheaper and more stable approach (no crashes).
>
> What kind of results have others had using a Windows based X-server to
> remotely access LyX on a Linux box on the same local network?

XFree86-4.1.0 from the Cygwin project is also free and very very good.

I am using it right now to display X applications from my Unix machines to
this Win2K laptop.

                        ---Kayvan

--
Kayvan A. Sylvan          | Proud husband of       | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.   | Laura Isabella Sylvan  | Katherine Yelena (8/8/89)