Jean-Pierre.Chretien wrote:

>>>Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 20:10:41 -0300
>>>From: Roberto Hernandez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>>To: "Jean-Pierre.Chretien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>>CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>>Subject: Re: Problem including files.

>>>In the Sample.lyx file I attatched there is one bibliography entry that
>>>just says "bibliography", but in the real document there are about 8 or
>>>9 books (and I haven't even started working on the bibliography part),
>>>so that's probably not the problem. Either way, if that was the problem
>>>the main file would give some error messages, even when not including
>>>any file at the end.
>>>

> Not if the citation commands are missing, in which case
> there is a bibliography environment and nothing in it.

I have quite a few citations. I'm using the Bibentry package, because I
need the full citation in the text. So I have a lot of ert that says
\bibentry{reference}

> That true that this happens only with bibtex, not by direct use
> of the bibliography environnment as you did in Sample.lyx.

But I still get an error message with the Sample.lyx

> I abandoned your example because of missing \addto commands which prevented
> complete Lyx compilation: if I export o Latex to go through errors,
> it doesn't exhibit here the error message you mentioned. So what ?

Uhhh... I'm afraid I'm clueless here. What's the \addto command for??
How come that prevents complete LyX compilation?

> By the way, you could Insert->Toggle appendix to have appendix stuff numbered
> alphabetically (but perhaps you prefer to follow normal chapter numbering).

You're right, I haven't gotten to the format of the appendix yet, but
that should look better.

> Do you use bibtex in your real document ?

Yep, and Bibentry as well.

PS: I've been playing trial and error and I found that when I comment
out the \addtocontents the error disappears. Is there a good way to add
lines to the TOC and have some control over that? You see, my
universities format requirements say I need to have the appendix entry
show up in the TOC but without the pagenumber next to it...