I'm currently running   lyx1.1.6-fix4   on a machine with
Redhat Linux 7.2.

There's an annoying problem I have with lyx that has been
occurring since I started using it 3 years ago.  Sometimes
this problem occurs and sometimes it doesn't, perhaps depending
on which way the wind is blowing on a given day.

THE PROBLEM:  When I manually insert spaces in the math-eqn
mode, using either <ctrl-space> or the math panel editor, I often
get an error message when I compile the lyx document.  It is definitely
related to the presence of these inserted spaces.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Is there something I should know
to avoid it?

Much thanks,

Alex Casti