Davide Cavallari schrieb:

> Personally I would  prefer a newsgroup, however I think  a mailing list is
> better because some people haven't access to a news server.

This point has been mentioned rather often.

Firstly, anyone having access to email also has access to news servers.

- There are quite a number of free news servers available,
news.cis.dfn.de first of all, providing an excellent service. You only
need to register.

- There are some University servers as well that you can use for free.
We ought to manage to get a free server.

- As far as I can see, every ISP also provides for a news server.

Secondly, I have a hunch that newsgroups seem to be more popular with
Europeans whereas Americans seem to prefer mailing lists. Is that so?

Juergen.