Thorsten> Hi once again. When I try to copy something of my
Thorsten> lyx-document in a new mail using sylpheed, with the middle
Thorsten> mouse button - lyx crashes every time - and in the worst
Thorsten> case all of my new data will become lost (happened the last
Thorsten> time I tried it out)

Thorsten> Any ideas?

You have a version of xforms which has been compiled for glibc 2.0,
and you use it on a recent linux distribution. Or you use a version of
lyx which has a bad xforms statically linked in (as mandrake 8.1).

Solution: either get a new xforms from ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/contrib or,
if you have a statically build version ("ldd `which lyx`" does not
mention libforms), grab also a suitable lyx from
ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/bin/1.1.6fix4.

Hope this helps.

JMarc