Hi,
I have lyx1.1.6fix4 installed using rpm in my Redhat 7.2. Whenever I insert a
figure (eps figure), the only thing that shows up on the screen is the box,
with the file name of the file, and the word "rendering . . . ". Although it
shows up fine when I view it using DVI or print it. Just wondering why is
this happening?

Secondly, I 've had hard time to use latex in lyx. I tried to use latex as an
interchageable formate between Maple, lyx, abiword, and files from Scientific
workplace, but most of the time, when I import to Lyx, it's failed. On
another time, it will read the file, but wih and error, thus whenever I tried
print or view DVI, it will give that error box with read caption, that I
can't fix. I don't know Latex, thus I am always stuck at that point. Not sure
which programs is faulty when import/export latex, but I just though someone
might have insight.

Third, is it better to compile the tar.gz, or install using rpm in my Redhat
7.2 system? I am trying to use lyx for my thesis now, and haven't had much
luck with it.

Thanks for any reply / information.
Reuben D. Budiardja