On Thu, 4 Apr 2002 15:03:20 +0200 wrote Andre Poenitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 03:00:31PM +0200, Guenter Milde wrote:
> > When defining a math-macro in a document, LyX uses this definition for all
> > other open documents as well (whether the macro is defined there or not)
>
> I know this. The current definition mechanisn isplainly wrong.
>
> > OTOH, when I put the math-macros in a separate file (as the definition part
> > is not really What I Mean, so I don't want to see it) and include this file,
> > no expansion takes place.
>
> LyX 'learns' the macros, when a .lyx file containg them is actually read
> in.
>
> > Is this a known issue? (Did not find a relevant bug in the bugtracker)
>
> Sort of. Yes. No easy workaround in sight, though..

For the first problem, the "learnign" should be constrained to the active
buffer. (Well, I have too less insight into the LyX source (i.e. None) to
know how to implement this).

For the second problem (definitions in included files), my proposal (which
is rather a nice workaround than a direct solution) would be a new enhanced
Latex-Preamble dialog, which is a feature request on its own:

   Could we have the LaTeX preamble dialog using a normal LyX-document
   window with all the nice features? This would
     a) make the editing of the preamble a lot easier
        (at least on my KDE, the present dialog behaves odd (different
        keybindings, DEL does Backspace ...)
     b) allow the definition of a math-macro in the preamble and thus keep
        the main document clean (and eliminate the need for a included file
        of math-macros).

Guenter

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]