I inserted a table from an English version into a German Version of a book.
I made sure that the legend of the table and the table content was marked and
Layout>Language>reset done. I saved the document  and used view>dvi. Lyx
crashed with the following remark in the Lyx-terminal:
Running latex
LyXAction::funcHasFlag: No info about kb_action: 171
LyXAction::funcHasFlag: No info about kb_action: 171
LyXAction::funcHasFlag: No info about kb_action: 171
LyXAction::funcHasFlag: No info about kb_action: 171
LyXAction::funcHasFlag: No info about kb_action: 171

lyx: SIGSEGV signal caught
Sorry, you have found a bug in LyX. If possible, please read 'Known bugs'
under the Help menu and then send us a full bug report. Thanks!
Bye.

Afterward I ran the lyx-file (there was no emergency safe, but the lyx file
which crashed was available). 200 errors after the table suggests to me that
the contents of the cells of the table were not reset by the action before. I
therefore checked the lyx-file with a normal editor. Here are the relevant
parts:

<column alignment="center" valignment="top" leftline="true" rightline="true"
width="" special="">
<row topline="true" bottomline="true" newpage="false">
<cell multicolumn="0" alignment="center" valignment="top" topline="true"
bottomline="false" leftline="true" rightline="false" rotate="false"
usebox="none" width="" special="">
\begin_inset Text

\layout Standard

\lang english
22
\end_inset
</cell>
<cell multicolumn="0" alignment="center" valignment="top" topline="true"
bottomline="false" leftline="true" rightline="false" rotate="false"
usebox="none" width="" special="">
\begin_inset Text

\layout Standard

I removed the \lang english with the editor and re-ran the lyx file. I had to
insert at three places a \clearpage which I did not need before the table was
inserted. The places were not related to the place were the table had been
inserted.

The dvi file showed finally the table, but displaced in the lower right
corner covering much of the table legend.
With the normal Table environment it s the same.

This is what I have in my preamble:

\newcommand{\clearemptydoublepage}{\newpage{\pagestyle{empty}
\cleardoublepage}}

\pagestyle{fancyplain}
\addtolength{\headwidth}{\marginparsep}
\addtolength{\headwidth}{\marginparwidth}
\renewcommand{\chaptermark}[1]%
                               {\markboth{#1}{}}
\renewcommand{\sectionmark}[1]%
                               {\markright{\thesection\ #1}}
\lhead[\fancyplain{}{\bfseries\thepage}]%
          {\fancyplain{}{\bfseries\rightmark}}
\rhead[\fancyplain{}{\bfseries\leftmark}]%
          {\fancyplain{}{\bfseries\thepage}}
\cfoot[]{}

\usepackage[round,comma]{natbib}

\def\myCleardoublepage{\myClearpage\if@twoside \ifodd\c@page\else
    \hbox{}\if@twocolumn\hbox{}\fi\fi\fi}

I am using \caption[short legend]{long legend}
and widetable.

I did not find a note  about it in the Known bugs Help Menu.

It takes time to correct these problems and therefore I though to report on
it.
Has somebody else tried to use a different language-template for translations
and ran into difficulties and how did you go around the problems arising?

 Thanks for suggestions
Wolfgang